Saturday, June 16, 2012

Chickpeas & Chocolate


Hi everybody,
I apologize for the lack of post, 
not been for a toothache, 
I'd be updating my posts with numerous pictures of sets that I have used lately.
But this chocolate cake recipe I have to share with you!
I believe that this is a good option for those who are glutten free, 
there is not flour in the recipe.
Chickpeas cake with Chocolate
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHICKPEAS

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked chickpeas (390 g)
1 tbsp butter
4 eggs ½ tsp vanilla extract
 ½ cup of sugar (100 g)-I used brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt
140 g dark chocolate melted - I used 100g
100 g semisweet chocolate, chopped for the topping.

Hot Chocolate Syrup-Optional
200 ml cream
5 tablespoons of cocoa powder
250 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
40 ml of cognac (optional)

Method of preparation:
1 - In a processor (blender) add 2 cups of cooked chickpeas, 1 tbsp of butter and 4 eggs and beat until it forms a homogeneous mixture. Add ½ tsp (I used 1 tbsp) vanilla essence, ½ cup of sugar, 1 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt, and beat for 1 more minute.
2 - Transfer mixture of chickpeas (made up) to a bowl add 140g of melted semisweet chocolate and stir gently.
3 - Pour the mixture into English cake pan (around 23 cm X 10 cm) greased with margarine (spray butter) and dusted with cocoa powder and put in a preheated oven at 350 ° F for + / - 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Unmold, stick bits of chopped semisweet chocolate (while cake is hot) and drizzle the chocolate syrup warm.

Hot Chocolate Syrup
In a pan put 200 ml of cream and 5 tablespoons (soup) of cocoa powder and cook over medium heat until boiling. Add 250 g semisweet chocolate pieces and mix well until melted. Add 40 ml of brandy stir and remove from heat. 
Drizzle the cake with this hot sauce.

I didn't make the delicious topping, 
I count my sugar, 
but it came out so good with little pieces of chunck chocolate on top, 
and I put as soon as the cake came out from the oven.
My boys approved and loved it! 
I'm very surprice with the fact I can make a chocolate cake without flour, that doesn't tast "chickpeas" at all,
and next time I'll try some sugar free chocolate (I used dark cocoa on this one).
YOu should try it, very easy and delicious!
Have a lovely Saturday!



2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I wonder if it would work just as well using chickpea flour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delicious and very easy to make! I didn't know there is chickpea flour, not sure it will work, but because it goes 4 eggs it my be enought to moist the flour. The hard part of this cake is to cooked the chickpeas, but you can do it any time making lunch or dinner and save on refrigerator (not too long because it get spoiled esialy). :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...